OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright well we go got everything pretty much wrapped up starting to make my 300+ gallons of water!!! More pics and a video!

rSfUH9E.jpg

Front view with 1 reef breeders photon 32
PpFUb6H.jpg

Here's the salt shoot
nyytkoJ.jpg

Here's a quick video sorry I hate making videos sorry forgot to turn on the flash on the video
[video=vimeo;113772089]https://vimeo.com/113772089[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so i just was able to make another 45 gallons over night in the garbage can. i dumped that over to the water storage container and started to mix that up with salt. While thats mixing working on dumping out another 45 gals of water in the garbage can! Im gonna have a nice water bill coming up lol :wacko:

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much humidity is there where you live? I have never had issues with humidity, but I live in Southern California. Never had any issues in Texas either, and it's basically 100% humidity.... or it felt like it. Wait and see what you're going to be dealing with first, so you can make the best choice of what you need. Let it run through all the seasons, as no damage will occur during a year.

It's a beautiful build. That tank gave me hernias, just looking at it. Isn't it nerve wrecking tearing apart your new home! The first thing I did, was start tearing things apart, when we bought this one. Painting sucks.... but painting ceilings sucks more.

Looking forward to seeing this progress. Again, beautiful job.

BTW, I had a skimmer in 2 of my 14 tanks..... fish don't need a skimmer.

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much humidity is there where you live? I have never had issues with humidity, but I live in Southern California. Never had any issues in Texas either, and it's basically 100% humidity.... or it felt like it. Wait and see what you're going to be dealing with first, so you can make the best choice of what you need. Let it run through all the seasons, as no damage will occur during a year.

It's a beautiful build. That tank gave me hernias, just looking at it. Isn't it nerve wrecking tearing apart your new home! The first thing I did, was start tearing things apart, when we bought this one. Painting sucks.... but painting ceilings sucks more.

Looking forward to seeing this progress. Again, beautiful job.

BTW, I had a skimmer in 2 of my 14 tanks..... fish don't need a skimmer.

This is what i want to hear lol!! Yeah im going to see what happens with the tank and buy a dehumidifier if necessary. Yeah tearing apart the house the second day you are in it is very nerve wrecking lol but its also fun...besides painting which SUCKS.......

So far all the fish besides my mystery wrasse has made it i dont htink i should have any issues.

Im hoping in the next week or so it will be ready to roll

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want an update how about this cra ppy update filled 40 more gallons into the tank turned off water and didn't realize it was siphoning back to the garbage can. Awesome 60 some gallons of water on the floor

vhtxjEx.jpg

What a great update

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a right of passage in building larger tanks. Welcome to the Big Losers (loser of water on the floor....) Club.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your tank again bob?

220 gallons

I don't have any issues with humidity. And my sump is in the laundry room
Sump is a 150 gal Rubbermaid trough. So you should be fine with a dehumidifier

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok black sand will be here Thursday before I leave for nyc. Put the sand in and let it sit till Monday. Than back at it.

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There hasnt been many updates here just waiting for water to be made! BUT today im picking up some shelf rock so i can at least start to put the first layer together in the tank and im buying a........................

Maxspect Gyre XF-150
:dance::whoo::dance::whoo:

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this GYRE is NO JOKE this thing is amazing!!! Would def recommend it to anyone. man this thing is sick. I put rock in the tank which was quite dirty I'm kind of ****** i didn't shoot a video when i first turned it on all the dirt and junk just gyrated around it was amazing

pictures and some poor videos to come

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not crazy with the rock work but i figure once it gets filled in with SPS it should look better just to many holes now. will see what the future brings. hopefully today ill have the rest of the water made for the tank. Getting a shipment of 200 gallons of salt tomorrow

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a rough few days. My dad is on end of life so progress on the tank has been nothing just spending time in multiple hospitals now hospice. But things are looking up he's able to talk again and he's at least comfortable

Here's an update the rank is rolling just need to raise the salt level

Last edited:
OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today is the day I finally did it. The tank is up everything that lived has been moved over!!!!!!!!

What a relief what a relief. On top of that my dads coming home tomorrow. And I believe in kicking this cold. All in all not bad

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back