Do asterina starfish eat corals (sps, etc..)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CyberGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Some varieties do and others do not.
I know it is not the answer you are looking for but that is about it. I have had several that are fine but I know others who had some that do eat corals. I believe there are several different species out there and they are different. I also think there are others species that look similar and is is case of mistaken identity.
There will be those that claim they do but that is not true only some do.
 
Last edited:
No.
Ive seen them munch on zoas that were questionable though but they do not actively seek out healthy coral. Youll see them munching on dead things around the corals though.

Likely also not asterina and aquilonastreas that do this as theyre usually misidentified.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new