Do Bristle Worms eat Pods?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,591
Reaction score
11,605
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title says, I have a large refugium with tons of pods. I have several pod eating fish in my DT (wrasses and mandarin), so I am conscious of how my refugium is doing. Lately, I have seen my pod population dropping. I hardly see any on the glass anymore. However, I've seen a ton of bristle worms all over the bottom and in the macroalgae. I wouldn't think they eat them, but I wanted to verify.
A9DAE0E9-9DB7-49ED-B569-EAE0BE077D51.jpeg
 
BW like fish poop, decaying or died fish/snail, and leftover fish food. If you over feed your BW count will go up. I'd bet it is your wrasse that is depleting your pod count.

Happy New Year!
Diana
 
Thank you. I assumed it wasn’t related, but it was odd the increase and decreased happened at the same time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new