Do fish do better if there are at least two per tank?

Fishbird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I have another question. My plan has been to get a single goby for my tank and then maybe in a few months once I feel more confident I’d add another fish. However, I’ve read a lot of reports of people having a single shy fish and how that fish is much more confident/spends more time in the open if there is another peaceful fish in the tank with it. If it is true that a second fish is very helpful, do you think a Rainford goby would be a good tank mate for something like a tiger goby (Tigrigobius macradon) or a cave transparent goby (Fusigobius pallidus)? My tank is 20 gallons and the way I have the rockwork now I have one island/cave complex that extends about 2/3 the length of the tank. The rest is just a sand bottom.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody loves a little company .....except some fish lol . Alot of fish are 1 only per tank / community. Just make sure they do different "jobs" and your typically fine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back