Suggestions for fish in 50g

avocadoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reef Octo 50 gallon tank with a ~12 gallon sump. Currently have a purple firefish and a diamond goby, as well as two newish LPS frags (hammer and a favites). Currently two months in and everything is going pretty well. I'm dosing soda ash to maintain alk at 8-8.2. I have a refugium with chaeto and pods. Nitrates are 5-10 (API kit) and phosphates vary between 0.02 and 0.1 on my Hanna checker. Sizeable CUC with hermit crabs and a variety of snails.

So I love the firefish and the goby. The goby especially has a lot of personality and is quite the little engineer. Both of them tend to stick to the sand or their caves a bit, though. I'd like to get some fish that spend more time swimming around the open water, and maybe with some coloration that stands out a little more against the purple rock and black background. I do want to end up with 1 or 2 clownfish but I expect they should be the last ones to add to the tank.

I would love any suggestions!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Grammas

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back