Suggestions for fish in 50g

avocadoman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
38
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reef Octo 50 gallon tank with a ~12 gallon sump. Currently have a purple firefish and a diamond goby, as well as two newish LPS frags (hammer and a favites). Currently two months in and everything is going pretty well. I'm dosing soda ash to maintain alk at 8-8.2. I have a refugium with chaeto and pods. Nitrates are 5-10 (API kit) and phosphates vary between 0.02 and 0.1 on my Hanna checker. Sizeable CUC with hermit crabs and a variety of snails.

So I love the firefish and the goby. The goby especially has a lot of personality and is quite the little engineer. Both of them tend to stick to the sand or their caves a bit, though. I'd like to get some fish that spend more time swimming around the open water, and maybe with some coloration that stands out a little more against the purple rock and black background. I do want to end up with 1 or 2 clownfish but I expect they should be the last ones to add to the tank.

I would love any suggestions!
 
Royal Grammas
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new