Do Harlequin shrimp eat brittle starfish?

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Harlequin shrimp will eat sand sifting starfish and chocolate chip starfish and etc. But do the eat brittle starfish?
 
I have asterina stars gallore. I take out 50 to 75 of them daily. I just had to tear apart my plumbing to get them out. There every where. If they do I'll move the stand sifting star to the sump and the brittle starfish also.
 
I have a few red serpent stars with my harlequin and they show no interest, but I also have a decent population of asterina in the tank. I would definitely move the sand sifting starfish or at least find it a new home. It will be a while for the harlequins to get the asterina population under control
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new