Do I have a bicolor blenny pair?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex0220
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alex0220

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Location
Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5ee7cda7-4ea7-4923-bfe7-35aa3dc9e914


Actually I only wanted one bicolor blenny but I got two by accident by an online fish store. I tried to cancel the order but the blennies were already shipped so I had to go this route.


Since day one they are often together, they only chased each other a little bit the first day. Last night I even saw them sleeping together in their live rock.

One is a little big bigger than the other.... Is this a pair?
 
5ee7cda7-4ea7-4923-bfe7-35aa3dc9e914


Actually I only wanted one bicolor blenny but I got two by accident by an online fish store. I tried to cancel the order but the blennies were already shipped so I had to go this route.


Since day one they are often together, they only chased each other a little bit the first day. Last night I even saw them sleeping together in their live rock.

One is a little big bigger than the other.... Is this a pair?
Next week they will be laying eggs but as they grow old they will fight more regularly. Probably about Christmas time, the holidays are always good for stress. ;)
 
Here is an image of them under more white light:

Maybe the right on this the female? It is smaller than the left one.

41783e06-d09b-46c2-94ce-4f12dbecdb59


(Dont mind the Bryopsis, I already ordered Blue Vet Flux Rx)
 
If they do have children I would like to have one from this pair. These are very fun tank fish to observe poking around the rocks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new