Do i still need to acclimate to light?

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a beautiful frag of seriatopora and I just drip acclimated it for 40 mins then threw it at the top of my rockwork. Its places just about the same distance he had it from his light.

His lights are set to 90% blue 40% white with a 90 watt light
my tank is at 100% blue 25% white for a 55 watt light.
Should I have to worry about light acclimation or should I be okay? Neither of us have par meters so no numbers to give out for that unfortunately. But from my understanding I should be fine.
 
No, but fwiw, many (including me) only temp acclimate sps and then dip, drop them in. Drip acclimation for 40 mins is excessive to me, for a simple sps like that
Usually I just do the temp acclimation and call it good but this is a nice colony and I want to avoid most risks for shock
 
I may be mistaken of this is even seriatopora

20191115_101349.jpg
 
looks like a purple stylophora. Those are pretty hardy and grow fast. You could have just glued down no need for acclimation.
 
I agree on stylo
1573834638547.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new