Do not DIY w/ China Dual Head Peristaltic Pump

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
2,799
Reaction score
3,353
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a do-not attempt to DIY o_O

I ordered a Dual Head Peristaltic pump off ebay for ~$30 for an Auto Water Change system.. Do a search and I'll bet you can find it.

Upon testing the dual head for even rate, I found that they were around 8-10ml/min off from one another.

Figured I would let everyone know in case someone else thinks this is a good idea! It may be good for some applications; however, I'll go back to my BRS and manage the flow rate independently.
 
d60bb77befd339c4983277a503eef863.jpg
 

Hey crabs, was wondering if you could help me out. I built a DIY ATO and have a 1.1 doser from BRS. But since it's an ATO I don't really care about the accuracy of dosing. But was wondering how you control flow for these cheap pumps? The ones I was looking at are DC pumps and give a range of Flow. Is it the amount of amps the power supply you hook up that determines the rate? thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new