Do peppermint shrimp REALLY kill aiptasia???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phyber
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Will Peppermint Shrimp solve my aiptasia problem?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 44 72.1%
  • No!

    Votes: 17 27.9%

  • Total voters
    61
I’ve had good luck with the peppermints that my LFS gets in from the keys.
I've had good luck with peppermints from the Keys too - I've heard that you want to try to get the ones from the Gulf of Mexico side of Florida since they're more likely to have grown up on aiptasia. I usually recommend captive bred anything over wild caught, but for this purpose I'd probably stay away from captive bred unless they were raised on aiptaisa.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new