Do RBTA's adapt to water conditions as they split?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Visuals
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Visuals

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Messages
167
Reaction score
71
Location
Bay Area
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've recently started to back into the hobby but had my tank on auto pilot for the last 5 years. Water conditions aren't that good, just curious can anemones get so hardy after so many splits that they are accustomed to higher than normal nitrates and phos?
 
BTAs like high nitrates S it is a food source for them. High phosphates does not seem to bother them either. They do not like alkalinity swings.
 
BTAs like high nitrates S it is a food source for them. High phosphates does not seem to bother them either. They do not like alkalinity swings.
Woah really? I just thought the ones I had mutated after all of them split they became bulletproof to dirty water. I was always told in the past I needed pristine water.
 
No you definitely don't need prestine water. I have had them with nitrates at over 120. They were very happy. What are your levels?
 
That is a lot of phosphate. I am surprised you don't have major algae issues, or do you?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new