Do sea hares eat bryopsis?

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought a sea hare at my LFS about a week ago amd has cleaned my tank of GHA but hasnt touched any of the bryopsis patches ( i can use fluconazold for now since i just finished using interceptor to get rid of red bugs). Will a sea hare eat it if there is no other algae available? Or will they just rather starve?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazole is absolutely murder on bryopsis; the stuff just melts away.
I've found it to be less effective against some forms of hair algae though.

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know of anything that eats bryopsis, at least not in any meaningful way. Some things will eat the very small barely there stuff like @rusgum said, but even at that not much.
Ahhh that sucks, so it would rather starve to death then eat the bryopsis if that was the only thing avaliable? I really didnt want to use fluconazole since last time i used it i couldnt use my skimmer for over a month ( wouldnt stop overflowing even after multiple water changes and caused me dinos. My guess is that due to it killing all the algae caused a void where dinos thrived.

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazole is absolutely murder on bryopsis; the stuff just melts away.
I've found it to be less effective against some forms of hair algae though.
Yea i used it before and cleaned my tank of algae ( even GHA ) in 14 days. The issue is that after i did a water change it caused a massive dino outbreak that took months to fix. That is my only fear with fluconazole, where it not for that i would have dosed it a while ago lol

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back