Do these nassarius snails have parasites?

Do you have a specimen container or one of those breeding nets you can put them in temporarily? When in doubt, it's best to not add.
 
I'll get one.
Do you think its best to by one type over the other, ie net vs container?

I use this one. It's cheap and i've had to glue it a few times but it's a net so nothing comes out and it gets plenty of flow inside the tank. I've used it to temp hold fish, etc.
 
Those eggs are tiny - I don't think there are very many nets that would slow down whatever hatches from them! Using a breeder net would only contain the adult snails themselves, not the hatchlings.

If those eggs belong to those snails (and from what Renee posted, I suspect that they do - kinda cool brooding technique, if so!) then you'd be safe enough, I think, to add them to your tank. I can't guarantee that they're not the eggs of a parasite though, as I've never personally seen them before.

~Bruce
 
Those eggs are tiny - I don't think there are very many nets that would slow down whatever hatches from them! Using a breeder net would only contain the adult snails themselves, not the hatchlings.

If those eggs belong to those snails (and from what Renee posted, I suspect that they do - kinda cool brooding technique, if so!) then you'd be safe enough, I think, to add them to your tank. I can't guarantee that they're not the eggs of a parasite though, as I've never personally seen them before.

~Bruce
Thanks for your input
 
They look like sacks of eggs...
1485039252672-167487341.jpg
i have one that has this exact thing, it looks like little egg sacks to me...
has anyone figured out what it was?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new