Do they look like they will heal?

xX5M0K3YMCP07Xx

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
North West Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new reefer I experienced my first EXTREME algae bloom I mean green water "what are you doing in my swamp" kinda green. I got that all under control.. I'd say a two-three week battle. I did do about a week with *little* light as I have two corals.. star polyps(totally fine. Pretty sure he thrived ) and a Zoanthid whom looks as pictured. I'm just curious if the OGs think she might be okay. Has not opened but also hasn't melted away just yet. I know it's always a toss up as sometimes "life will uhh find a way." Other times not so much...

(I used 1 dose of Algeafix in this fiasco)
thank you
1000002790.jpg
20240215_110106.jpg
 
Im not an OG but that will survive. Maybe see if you can use a pipette or baster to blow off whatever is coating them. If that doesnt work use a soft brush.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new