Do this hammer look ill?

piscesgirl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
180
Reaction score
318
Location
Bayview
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I purchased these hammers recently and today they are looking faded and a little droopy. What would cause the color loss? My ph is 8.0, temp 78, no ammonia, nitrite .20 (i added a rock to the mix a couple weeks ago) nitrate 5.0, and phos .25. Calcium is 480 and mag is 1450. I have a AI hydra 32. All other livestock looks good. Thank you in advance!

IMG_3601.jpeg IMG_3602.jpeg
 
Possibly could be the new environment. Different lighting parameters etc. what is your alk at?
 
Possibly could be the new environment. Different lighting parameters etc. what is your alk at?
That’s the one test I need to purchase. I will order a tester today, though. Until this afternoon, the water flow was fairly strong toward the sand bed so I adjusted it to give them less intensity.
 
TBH they don’t look like they are on deaths door. Maybe bring the flow back up a bit perhaps they liked it :)
 
Ok glad to hear they don’t look horrible. Just a bit translucent today. My long polyp leather liked it when I put the flow more on him. Weeeeeee! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new