Do Trochus or Mexican Turbo Snails eat Chaeto?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mono
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mono

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
539
Reaction score
512
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just curious, do Trochus or Mexican Turbo Snails eat Chaeto?

I have a few in refugium and I am curious if they get enough to eat.

If they actually eat Chaeto, they really shouldn't have a problem.

I'm really hoping that left alone in the refugium with enough food the trochus snails might decide to breed.

Just hoping.
 
A few months back I put 5 trochus and 5 mexican turbo snails in a 10 gallon QT for 76 days. The turbos definitely ate everything I put in the QT including chaeto. I never saw the trochus go near the chaeto and I did lose 2 of them before the 76 days were up.
 
A few months back I put 5 trochus and 5 mexican turbo snails in a 10 gallon QT for 76 days. The turbos definitely ate everything I put in the QT including chaeto. I never saw the trochus go near the chaeto and I did lose 2 of them before the 76 days were up.

Hey, thanks for the info.

So, Turbo, yup, Trochus, who knows?

You always here salty myths about trochus snails breeding in the aquarium, I'm wondering if they'll do it in the regugium.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new