Do You Dose Amino Acids For Your LPS?

Do You Dose Amino Acids For Your LPS?

  • Yes, daily and I notice an improvemnet in coloration

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes, daily but I see no difference in coloration

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Never, but I want to start using them

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No way, what are you talking about?

    Votes: 6 40.0%

  • Total voters
    15
I was reading on another site where somebody was using Amino's for their LPS, I know many people use them for SPS but I wanted to see if people were doing the same thing for their LPS, in my personal experience I have noticed increased improvemnet in coloration after a few feedings of frozen cyclopeeze but was interested in dosing AA's again to see if the large polyp stonies benefited as well
 
I use zeo on my personal tank and i use AA, and LPS AA. Like anything else, i'm not sure if it does any good or not but since things are doing quite well i don't want to stop using it. I dose 6 ml daily of the LPS AA, and 6 drops of AA nightly.
 
I would think you would see the most effect out of it if you do not feed your LPS anything. I would think if they are well fed then they are already getting what they need for color.
 
No here..
 
I dosed them when I switched to Radiums and Lumenarcs and bleached the tick out of my Acans... They definately helped everything regain their color... That being said, I no longer dose now that everything looks good...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new