• Total voters

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing nitrates and carbon dosing.
Phosphate sitting at 0.1/0.13 and the gha is slowly going away.
Then I hope to stop dosing, we'll see.
If what you see in your saltwater aquarium is a green, feathery looking mass, it is probably green hair algae. Once green hair alga has a foothold in a saltwater aquarium, it can soon cover everything in your tank if prompt measures are not taken. The cure for green hair algae is the same as the prevention: starve it into oblivion. Green hair algae require not only light but also nitrate and phosphate to survive.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If what you see in your saltwater aquarium is a green, feathery looking mass, it is probably green hair algae. Once green hair alga has a foothold in a saltwater aquarium, it can soon cover everything in your tank if prompt measures are not taken. The cure for green hair algae is the same as the prevention: starve it into oblivion. Green hair algae require not only light but also nitrate and phosphate to survive.
Prompt measures have been taken. It is slowly going away. I started carbon dosing and trying to get my phosphates down. The problem is I hardly have any nitrates. So by dosing nitrates and carbon dosing I'm bringing both down together. And as I said, the manual pulling and dosing it's been going away slowly.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose a little sodium nitrate solution... for now. I'll quit as soon as I can get the results I want from fish poop. I'm happily buying fish as fast as I can find acceptable specimens available. They're happy too... I'm feeding so much that sometimes I wonder how they can eat it all. They always do though, and come back looking for more!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prompt measures have been taken. It is slowly going away. I started carbon dosing and trying to get my phosphates down. The problem is I hardly have any nitrates. So by dosing nitrates and carbon dosing I'm bringing both down together. And as I said, the manual pulling and dosing it's been going away slowly.
I snatched that off Google real quick, I cant form sentences like that.....just to put it out there, for group information.

Good plan though going slow

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snatched that off Google real quick, I cant form sentences like that.....just to put it out there, for group information.

Good plan though going slow
Hey no problem.
You could just copy the address and post the whole link. So then everyone could read the whole article and no questions about plagiarism. I know that's not what everyone does around here but it's the honest way. (not directed at you by any means)

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't started yet, but my nutrients hover around 2. to .3 phosphates and 3ppm nitrates. I have great coloration on my coral but very slow growth so my hypothesis was my phosphates were inhibiting calcification. I'm tempted to accept it though as everything seems relatively happy and I don't want to overcomplicate it. If I were to dose it would be nitrates to aid in bacterial metabolism of phosphates. I am ultimately aiming for around 5-10 nitrates and .1 phosphates. My alk is usually around 10.8-11, which probably helps with the coral being happy.
I feed fairly heavily already.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey no problem.
You could just copy the address and post the whole link. So then everyone could read the whole article and no questions about plagiarism. I know that's not what everyone does around here but it's the honest way. (not directed at you by any means)
That better not be directed at me! ;)

Not the best link, here you go:

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently dumping my skimmate back into the tank, battling low nutrients it’s cost effective lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back