Do you feed Gel Foods?

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here use gel based foods? I've been using Masstick and Repashy Spawn and Grow lately for picky eaters and been very pleased with results. The high fat content seems to help keep weight on some of those fish with very fast metabolisms like the butterflies and the moorish idol. It's now part of my daily feeding routine, along side mysis, pacific plankton, brine soaked in selcon and vitachem, fish eggs, nori, clam on the half shell, and LOTS of NLS pellets.

Here are some not so great pics from my 75 gallon quarantine showing some of the fish (especially the moorish idol) chowing down on Repashy Spawn and Grow.

20231201_221038.jpg
20231201_221130.jpg
20231201_221030.jpg

OTReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here use gel based foods? I've been using Masstick and Repashy Spawn and Grow lately for picky eaters and been very pleased with results. The high fat content seems to help keep weight on some of those fish with very fast metabolisms like the butterflies and the moorish idol. It's now part of my daily feeding routine, along side mysis, pacific plankton, brine soaked in selcon and vitachem, fish eggs, nori, clam on the half shell, and LOTS of NLS pellets.

Here are some not so great pics from my 75 gallon quarantine showing some of the fish (especially the moorish idol) chowing down on Repashy Spawn and Grow.

20231201_221038.jpg
20231201_221130.jpg
20231201_221030.jpg

I never have but am curious. Looks like some thick healthy fish. Im going to add them to my feeding schedule and update when I have some data! Thanks for sharing.

OTReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Chaetodon lunulatus feeding on a mix of Repashy Spawn and Grow with Masstick. The moorish idol also makes an appearance later in the video.

Thats so interesting. I like how they are having to pick at it. Does it affect your water quality at all that you have noticed? Beautiful fish btw!

OP
OP
Fishfreak2009

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats so interesting. I like how they are having to pick at it. Does it affect your water quality at all that you have noticed? Beautiful fish btw!
Nope. They usually finish it off in 4-6 hours or so, which is well before it rots. My nitrates are always a little high in quarantine, but these guys get frozen mysis/brine/pacific plankton/Rod's blend/LRS blend 4x daily, NLS pellets 6x daily, masstick/spawn and grow 2x daily, frozen fish eggs 1x daily, nori 1x daily, and clam on the half shell 1x daily. Fat reef fish are healthy reef fish, and by constantly offering a wide variety of food, it helps make sure they are healthy, strong, getting all the nutrition they need, and helps keep them from fighting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back