Do you have a "wish list" ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Speg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
As a newbie, I am not sure if I am worthy of a wish list but on the off chance someone has a suggestion for this grandmother with
a brand spankin' 28g nano crying for live rock, I would be ever so grateful. I am upgrading from my 12g as I think I have the hang
of keeping my inhabitants alive and well. Not asking for a handout just something I can manage.

Grab some base rock. That's what I always do with a new tank.
 
Grab some base rock. That's what I always do with a new tank.
Thanks, that is a good idea, it will be less pricey too. Would putting one of my rocks from my developed tank (they are all small) help
the base rock develop better? Oh, and if it has any corals, I should wait till the base rock is cycled right?
 
Thanks, that is a good idea, it will be less pricey too. Would putting one of my rocks from my developed tank (they are all small) help
the base rock develop better? Oh, and if it has any corals, I should wait till the base rock is cycled right?

Yes and yes and base rock won't cause a cycle, but putting in an established rock from another tank will help/encourage a cycle...but any coral on that rock may end up dying during the cycle process.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new