Do you like eurobracing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wabooth555
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wabooth555

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Messages
208
Reaction score
21
Location
Cape Carteret, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to order a tank from glasscages.com. It's not a rimless, however, they add eurobracing around the sides and I the middle. The eurobracing us about 3".

I am going to set a canopy on it. It seems like the eurobracing would make it hard to get your hand in the tank to clean.

Am I over thinking this?
 
fwiw I had extremely poor service from them and reviews online say they don't stand behind their work.
I ended up going with Oceans by Design. He was very polite and even called me right before he shipped and said he found a 1/4 imperfection on the bottom of the glass and if I wanted it redone. He said no structural issue just visual...I think that speaks to his work.
 
Thanks. I'll check them out today. What about the eurobracing?
 
I had a euro braced tank before and I loved it. I miss it dearly. The reason I loved it so much is that it was easier to keep the outside of the glass free from water drips/runs when cleaning with a magnet. No splashing!
As for keeping the inside clean, its a little more effort towards the top of the tank, but makes no difference otherwise.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new