Do you think this was photoshopped?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MohrReefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well my eyes do not function like a DSLR camera so I won't be spending as much as I did on a coral ever again lol.

It has gotten to the point where if you go to a coral show they hand out orange glasses for you to look at the tank. It's a bit nuts.
 
Looks the same as the photo I already posted with blues filtered. 100% whites 0% blues.
IMG_2979.jpg
Top down and zoom ?
colour still isn’t the same ....


sad to see this part of the hobby where things can be altered to make something look better just to sell it .
 
It has gotten to the point where if you go to a coral show they hand out orange glasses for you to look at the tank. It's a bit nuts.
I couldn’t imagine getting every guest in my house to try a pair of glasses to see the colours .
I only use t5’s
The colour is not as vibrant for sure .

are corals under leds in the wild or where their collected ?
 
Top down and zoom ?
colour still isn’t the same ....


sad to see this part of the hobby where things can be altered to make something look better just to sell it .
Here's top down and zoom. I can kinda see the color now. 100% the same coral after looking at this. But it is still a bit disappointing. If the red and greens pop more once it gets comfortable and grows a bit ill probably be okay with it.
20210108_180402.jpg
 
The place we buy our acro frags from .
they are all under the same lighting ( t5’s )
I can almost guarantee they look the same .
Lps are different and always look different in person
 
Its just a gel filter as a buyer you have to figure that in to your decision to buy. This is why I refuse to ship. When you come to pick up a coral if you don't like it you don't take it and I don't have to deal with PayPal always taking the buyers side
 
Here's top down and zoom. I can kinda see the color now. 100% the same coral after looking at this. But it is still a bit disappointing. If the red and greens pop more once it gets comfortable and grows a bit ill probably be okay with it.
20210108_180402.jpg

Yah, I see the colors. Top down view honestly has a huge effect on color coral. I am not sure if it is the way light reflects or if it is because we are not viewing through glass... probably both. Clam's especially look 100 times more amazing from top down.

Corals are often photographed with professional cameras and macro lenses and such as well. Things can be labeled rainbow with a macro lenses but hardly noticeable in person.
 
Yah, I see the colors. Top down view honestly has a huge effect on color coral. I am not sure if it is the way light reflects or if it is because we are not viewing through glass... probably both. Clam's especially look 100 times more amazing from top down.

Corals are often photographed with professional cameras and macro lenses and such as well. Things can be labeled rainbow with a macro lenses but hardly noticeable in person.
It did just ship too and the water was really cold when we got it. So maybe its still stressed and lost some color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new