Do you think this would work as an ATO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cryptics
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cryptics

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
783
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...=&Ntt=dog+food

I just picked up 3 for our cats food and am impressed how well they are made. I was thinking if you drilled a whole through the top and attached one of the fittings you see on dosing containers and such with a rigid tube going down to the bottom. I could then hook up a 50ml/minute BRS dosing pump up to the ATO. What do you guys think?
 
That is exactly what I am using now.
I've had it on my 50 gallon lps/sps system for about 4-5 months.
I love it. Very compact, top seals up, and doesn't look too bad.

I have airline going into it on one corner just under the lid. Got to be able to remove the lid without messing with the airline.
I have mine hooked up to a tsunami at1 top off system.
 
That is exactly what I am using now.
I've had it on my 50 gallon lps/sps system for about 4-5 months.
I love it. Very compact, top seals up, and doesn't look too bad.

I have airline going into it on one corner just under the lid. Got to be able to remove the lid without messing with the airline.
I have mine hooked up to a tsunami at1 top off system.

Glad I found someone who actually uses it. Thinking about adding one for ATO and maybe one in the future for a daily automatic water change.
 
Just curious - why doesn't anyone ever use like a 2.5g or 5g tank as their ATO reservoir?

For me the main reason is I need something that is sealed. I have 11 cats (not a typo) that would love to play around with an open ato tank :) No fish lives more than 5 seconds in my house if they jump out :)
 
Glad I found someone who actually uses it. Thinking about adding one for ATO and maybe one in the future for a daily automatic water change.

Yeah, I picked mine up from my local Petsmart
 
Looks like a nice container and I am sure it would work nicely. My only concern is that it is not clear. I like to be able to see how much water is in my reservoir.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new