Do you use an isolation box?

Do you use an isolation box?


  • Total voters
    19
(I kind of always thought the same thing... and I'm not even a "Grumpy old man.") 😝
 
I always like to keep an isolation (breeder) box on hand just in case. I rarely have to use them for isolation but I have. . . Namely an aggressive clown. . . Kept her in their for a week or two and she was well behaved after that. Otherwise I have used them to isolate sick or injured fish so they dont get beat up, isolate anemones so they don't float around and into a powerhead, and I have left them open as a refuge if I have fish trying to find a hiding place. . .
 
I get the bonus fish thing but am not fond of it personally. The buyer ends up having to deal with the extra fish vs the good Dr having to deal with a replacement in the event of a loss. Two cleaner wrasses in the same tank is most likely not going to end well.
Not to derail the thread.... but if I remember right there is a place on Dr. Reefs order form to specify if you want the extra fish or not.

Often he does add an extra.... for instance I ordered several Lyretail Anthias and he threw in an extra. But if space is limited or worried about compatibility you can always specify not to do that.

Just an FYI in case someone else runs into this too.


As far as the acclimation box.... I got the big Octo Aquatics one too, and I love it. I really think it helps. I don't have a firm timeline, but I do make sure the fish are eating well. Once they are eating and no other fish is trying to kill them through the box I let them out. So far has worked well for me.....
 
I have never personally used one, but I am sure I would get one if I had a bigger tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new