Does anyone else have bossy clown fish ?

Frostynipps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns keep telling me what to clean first then were to move it . the big one had me build a cave for the Long tentacle anemone to witch it moved that night and had also wanted the back wall of the tank covered in live rock and the anemone moves every time they oversee the building of a structure with in their tank. I'm going threw the uglies and they tell me when I have to much algae on the toothbrush they signal me like the skunk shrimp I guess they think I'm a cleaner they hire .has any body else seen this behavior before.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Generally a bossy clown is a female who tries to do their own scaping, claim an area in the tank and even bite the hands of the owner.

themericks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't put my hand in the tank without getting nipped. Now that my clown is getting bigger it is starting to actually hurt, will have to get some gloves for maintenance...

OP
OP
Frostynipps

Frostynipps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine only bites when I'm vacuuming and get to close to the nem my clowns give head bob signals. I started signals like the clowns do to the skunk cleaner shrimp and vice versa with the cleaner shrimp so it would clean my hand in the tank and now the clowns do it with me ill bob my head and do the shrimp hand signal before I clean and they don't bite 2 times total

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back