Does anyone have any idea what type of algae this is?

nils622

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any idea what the small rectangle shape things are? The algae is on my sand bed it looks like grass. There is 1 picture
with how it looks on the sand. I had some trouble with dino large cells but they are slowly disappearing because every time i look under the microscope they are with less and less. But now these guys showed up. And before i have another problem i would like to find out what im dealing with and i cant really find anything on internet or im just blind. Its not looking like any dino as far as i know. Does anyone have any idea? Sorry for so many pictures but if i try video the quality is ****. On the photos it looks like slime but in real life it look more like grass. brown grass thats stuck to the sandbed. If i pull some out i pull hole pieces of it with it.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 13.46.01 (4).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 13.46.01.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 13.49.33.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 13.46.01 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 13.55.07.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 13.46.01 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 13.46.01 (1).jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s still dinos

I want to tell you why ID bears no importance in fixing your tank: it’s not like any readers here can direct us to a cure thread based on species ID. All the dino threads listed as stickies here are just scrolls and scrolls of tanks still invaded after someone makes an ID successfully. The cure / fix rate we can see in the work thread stickies is about 2% imo, as I flip through the pages of after work updates.

However

There are work threads available to read, sixty page ones, where the after pics are shocking clean on every page. Those aren’t stickies because the controllers of stickies don’t agree sixty pages of fixes is worth a link up top he he, gatekeepers are why we can’t have an actual fix thread to read :)

From the sixty page non sticky thread with 90% cure rates: ID doesn’t matter. Tank params don’t matter. If you clean your tank a certain way, you get the results shown for nine years running. When you get tired of the constant tradeoff invasions let me know, I’ll send you the link. If those pics above are on the light setting that runs your reef daily, it’s too white and too bright for the system and is roughly 60% of your issue. The other 40% is leaving cells in the system to keep reproducing, whereas our huge rip clean thread with a 90% cure rate we don’t do that. Keep working with conventional means you might get lucky

But when you’re fed up, there’s a hidden trick by the gatekeepers of stickies you’re missing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back