Does anyone have SKA Jackpot?

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original colony came from me, but I had some personal stuff happen and had to sell all my corals in late 2016. I'd be interested to see what it's looking like these days and maybe get a frag at some point if someone is willing to cut me a piece. Unfortunately the local reefers that I gave frags to lost theirs.
IMG_20160715_131024.jpg

IMG_20160713_152743.jpg

OP
OP
TDEcoral

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reefing 2019

No kidding. It's just sad. I miss the days of trading corals with your reefing buddies. I try to keep that alive though. I've got a reefer friend that lives down the street and his tank is stocked with acro frags I've given him.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't. As much as I want to get a piece of my acro back, I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money for an acro frag that I could probably count the individual polyps on.
Well.......
On an unrelated note
Does anyone know how I contact this Greg’s corals?

flockaveli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it was a mariculture. If things stay positive for Indonesia we may see colonies like this available again for the price of frags.

Does anyone know how I contact this Greg’s corals?
He has a site now, Greg's Corals. Prices are a little high, but I'd still recommend. Hands down the nicest frags I've ever purchased were from Greg.

OP
OP
TDEcoral

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it was a mariculture. If things stay positive for Indonesia we may see colonies like this available again for the price of frags.

He has a site now, Greg's Corals. Prices are a little high, but I'd still recommend. Hands down the nicest frags I've ever purchased were from Greg.

It is a mariculture. It was hiding in an upper tank at a LFS I used to work at. Funny thing is, it had been in the store for a while and nobody had noticed it. The colony didn't look like much from the side, but when I turned up the blues and looked from the top down I knew it was something special.
Really hoping that Indo will open up again in the not too distant future, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never does.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And people say maricultured acros are nothing special. If this wasn’t a colorful tenuis I wonder what the price would be now :) It’s cool to see it when nice random wild or Mari corals stick around like this. I hope someone gives you a piece back with a normal price tag.

CoralBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SKA Jackpot, still not able to frag just yet, but maybe in the near future.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back