Does anyone keep these shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter loumaggs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

loumaggs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
473
Reaction score
709
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't quite work out why anyone would want them or what tank they would go in?


In a predator tank they would get eaten yet in a reef tank they eat coral
 
Last edited:
They would probably get eaten in a predator tank eventually.

Reef safe with caution, some might become opportunistic feeders, and others will steal feed from corals such as LPS.
 
I'd hesitate to even call them reef safe in any form. I can't say I've heard any positive experiences with them in over 15 years.
 
Most only get those from the LFS when they aren't paying attention to what they are getting. They think they are getting Peppermint Shrimp and get those nasty lil buggers. Those should not be kept in a Reef Tank, they are way to opportunistic.
 
I have kept them with leathers and mushrooms without issue, but they weren't seen much in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new