Does anyone know if this slug looking creature is good or bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dj Medic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dj Medic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2025
Messages
86
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was moving some zoa frags and saw this on the underside of one of the plugs. It doesn't look like one of those zoa eating nudibranch that I've seen pictures of. Just wondering if I should exile it forever or leave it be.
1000080517.jpg
1000080518.jpg

 
The “horns “ on the head and soft invertebrate body is characteristic of a nudibranch, which appears to have been feeding on whatever is visible inside its gut.

I don’t know what you have (friend or foe) but these things tend to have specific food items that they eat.

Some eat coral, so I would look around your tank to see if it’s been eating any livestock?
 
The “horns “ on the head and soft invertebrate body is characteristic of a nudibranch, which appears to have been feeding on whatever is visible inside its gut.

I don’t know what you have (friend or foe) but these things tend to have specific food items that they eat.

Some eat coral, so I would look around your tank to see if it’s been eating any livestock?
Nothing looks any different so I have no idea what it's been eating. I'm hoping it's one of those algae eating ones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new