Does anyone make large isolation/acclimation boxes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BilboB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BilboB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2024
Messages
258
Reaction score
90
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like a must-have item but I can't find any good ones online.
 
A few months back Serious Reefs made a video on how to make your own acclimation box by getting a plastics/acrylics company to cut you specific size pieces and then you glue it together yourself. I followed the measurements they had for a 180 gallon tank (which is what I have) and it was way too big. I built a box that was basically 12" x 12" x 12" and it cost $40 for someone to cut the acrylic.

I am planning on reducing the measurements a bit and trying again. You have to subscribe to their Patreon to see the video, although free Patreon trials seem to be common.
 
Reefing Art makes any size. Mine is 12in but they make up to 16in. Ordered from Amazon. Keep the lid above water level so small fish don’t escape the feeding ports
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new