Does anyone of you have a Powder blue, Yellow Tang and a Long Black Nose together?

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if any of you have that combination of fish (Powder blue, Yellow Tang and a Long Black Nose) all together?

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if any of you have that combination of fish (Powder blue, Yellow Tang and a Long Black Nose) all together?

I have long nose black tang and hippo tang and they are good together. But they are different genus so they work better than adding same genus. I have seen some do it, so it can be done, it all depends on tank size, and the fish itself. I think you would need to add them all at the same time if going with same genus. And be prepared to remove if something is not working. I personally would not add any more Zebrasoma to my tank since my long nose black has been in my tank for 4 or 5 years now.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a purple + powder blue might be getting a black soon as you can see below the purple + powder blue don't bother each other mirror is up that's why the powder blue seems agitated

Junbug0024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? I have a Powder Blue, Yellow, Gem, and Blue Hippo tang together in a 200 gallon. They all are fine, I keep them well fed with nori.

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? I have a Powder Blue, Yellow, Gem, and Blue Hippo tang together in a 200 gallon. They all are fine, I keep them well fed with nori.
My tank is (100cm W x 60cm H x 45cm D)

I currently have a powder blue and a yellow tang.

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an achilles, powder blue/gold rim hybrid, yellow, purple, black long nose, gem, and Desjardins all together :) what's your question?
Cool, did you added them one by one, all at once, or how did you added them?

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No long black nose ... but do have a yellow, powder blue and purple in my 240g. Powder blue gets rambunctious on occasion and spares with the yellow ... but no fierce/damaging encounters over four years.

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No long black nose ... but do have a yellow, powder blue and purple in my 240g. Powder blue gets rambunctious on occasion and spares with the yellow ... but no fierce/damaging encounters over four years.
My Yellow and Powder blue have micro fights too, but nothing to be concern.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back