Does anything eat a shrimp's molted exoskeleton?

hopperjl16

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
217
Reaction score
122
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I noticed my fire shrimp had molted overnight. I had intended to pull the exoskeleton out when I got home tonight, but now it's nowhere to be found. Is there anything that eats exoskeletons? The only things in my tank that I think would be remotely interested are hermit crabs, emerald crab, pistol shrimp, or brittle sea star. Will any of these demolish an exoskeleton?
 
Our Blood shrimp molted again and the remains stayed in the tank for about 24 hours then, once again, were gone... I kept an eye out for CUC at work etc, but didn't see anything during the day. I'm assuming something scavenged it at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new