Does freshwater vibrant work on salt water tanks?

gabrielw94106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought vibrant on amazon and was not careful enough to read the type. Ive read on some threads that it does but i havent found any actual answers. Any reply would help thanks a lot!

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why risk it? amazon has free returns, return it and buy the right version (reef formula) from bulk reef supply. something is different, or there wouldn't be different versions (fresh, saltwater, and reef)

skiwez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same thing accidentally. I had the exact same results as I did using the saltwater version. I also reached out to them and was told it would be fine.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of what the manufacturer says and people believe, this is an algaecide and not some kind of magical bacteria blend, so it is probably the same thing. I imagine that it is the same kind of algaecide, but I do not know this for sure.

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of what the manufacturer says and people believe, this is an algaecide and not some kind of magical bacteria blend, so it is probably the same thing. I imagine that it is the same kind of algaecide, but I do not know this for sure.

I've done some digging and I'm pretty sure it also contains heterotrophic bacteria. I would not be surprised if it contained an algaecide too, given its profound algae destroying ability people have reported. The bacteria probably work like carbon dosing to clear some of the released nutrients out that are then removed by the skimmer?

OP
OP
gabrielw94106

gabrielw94106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done some digging and I'm pretty sure it also contains heterotrophic bacteria. I would not be surprised if it contained an algaecide too, given its profound algae destroying ability people have reported. The bacteria probably work like carbon dosing to clear some of the released nutrients out that are then removed by the skimmer?
I did end up contacting the company and they said that both were the same product just different labels and that it works. Which it has been working greatly. So if anyone makes the mistake in the future as I did, both Vibrant's are the same and do the same thing. :)

Back