Does GHL sell returned equipment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my Profilux 4 kit today. When I opened the shipping box, I noticed that the main box sticker that shows tampering was unglued (but not torn or cut). I didn’t think much of it except that it may have not stuck well enough. As I went through the items, the Profilux Touch box’s sticker was in fact cut. That got me a little suspicious. I must say that the equipment does look unused and has its protective film on the screen. Is this something I should worry about and contact GHL? Or it’s just a bad sticker and I should go ahead with installing it?

Thanks in advance.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not sell used equipment, if you ordered direct from us; it is guaranteed to be new and unused, unless it was a special that was advertised as open box.

Occasionally we will spot check/QA on received items in the US warehouse, or perform updates to equipment to ship with latest firmware if there have been major firmware revisions.

Again; if ordered direct from GHL USA; then there is nothing to worry about. :)

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not sell used equipment, if you ordered direct from us; it is guaranteed to be new and unused, unless it was a special that was advertised as open box.

Occasionally we will spot check/QA on received items in the US warehouse, or perform updates to equipment to ship with latest firmware if there have been major firmware revisions.

Again; if ordered direct from GHL USA; then there is nothing to worry about. :)

I did order direct from the website! Thanks for the info Marco! Looking forward to getting it all set up. And man, that box is bigger than I though it would be. Ahaha

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did order direct from the website! Thanks for the info Marco! Looking forward to getting it all set up. And man, that box is bigger than I though it would be. Ahaha

Let me know how everything goes for you after your done setting up your new P4!

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same concern on a pair of Mitras LX7's purchased some time ago direct from the site. Vinny assured me they were opened to update firmware before being sold. These are standup guys from a company that makes some great products IMHO. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy that P4!

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I talked to Marco and he said the same thing. This is also an older thread. Lol

But the new tank is still not set up :/ all the gear is still sitting in boxes in the bedroom.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TRUST me I feel your pain... but I am getting ready to set up all of my gear and when I grabbed my MaxiSA doser and tried to calibrate it and put in my times of the day and set up all the alarms and float switches etc.
Long story short the reason why I can't get my new MaxiSA doser to work is b/c it's broke..lol Anyhow, I posted something in Reef2reef on Christmas day and
Marco@GHLUSA got right back to me immediately. PER GHL, there was a huge batch that went out and is having the same problem that I am having the pump comes on but the stepper motor will not spin. After talking to Marco on here he said that GHL will be sending me a brand new Doser since it's less then a yr old and never used.
GHL MaxiSA doser for AWC's
GHLMaxiSA.JPG
Ult P4 KIT
P4 Ulimate Set Inc. Touch Screen and tons of Extras.JPG
Touch Screen
GHL TOUCH SCREEN.JPG

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back