Does gsp only "carpet" to spread?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scooter21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My GSP what i think you hoping for. Ive done nothing special other than let it grow.
20230428_164041.jpg
 
I have a large rock that started with a little piece. After it covered the rock completely ( about a year ) it started branching out. I will attach pictures opened and closed up.
IMG_3407.png
IMG_3415.png
IMG_3348.jpeg
IMG_3109.jpeg
IMG_3108.jpeg
IMG_3107.jpeg
 
Wish I had before and after shots... oh wait :)
apologize in advance for the horrible pics, I think they make the point though...
image1 (3).jpeg



image0 (4).jpeg

you can see the "white-ish/gray" areas, that's the "carpet as you say growing/reaching out. so this thing has almost doubled in sized. It has tried but can not reach/grow down. Not enough light I guess.
The base on mine is dark purple ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new