Does it matter if my doser 2.1 slave goes on top of my kh director?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every video ive seen has their doser underneath the kh director but I want mine on top of the director, is there a reason why people have it underneath?
My thinking is that if my director leaks then it wont go into my doser, ive heard numerous stories of the director leaking into other ghl equipment and destroying it.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any reason why not. GHL shows them side by side. Only thing is you will need to compensate for the longer lines going from the doser to the KH.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t put it on top. If a line fails it will destroy your KH Director. These tubes do wear out and fail. Proper preventative maintenance will prevent it, but nothing is perfect.

You can place the doser under or to the side.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put them side by side and save yourself some pain in the future.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a store the other day and had to cut through housewares and on an end cap I saw these little trays that where on clearance. I told my wife I think those are almost the exact size of the profilux. I bought 8 of them for $2 each.
0A591F16-DE15-4A5F-BD1D-FCCE73FBA6A9.jpeg

I couldn’t believe my luck. I just have to put some drain tubes on them. I put some old api tube caps on the feet to lift above the rim. I will use one for the KH Director and one for the Ion Director when it arrives. This way if I screw up and don’t get the probe tight and it dribbles it won’t ruin anything. I’m gonna give a few of the others to fellow club members who want them.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a store the other day and had to cut through housewares and on an end cap I saw these little trays that where on clearance. I told my wife I think those are almost the exact size of the profilux. I bought 8 of them for $2 each.
0A591F16-DE15-4A5F-BD1D-FCCE73FBA6A9.jpeg

I couldn’t believe my luck. I just have to put some drain tubes on them. I put some old api tube caps on the feet to lift above the rim. I will use one for the KH Director and one for the Ion Director when it arrives. This way if I screw up and don’t get the probe tight and it dribbles it won’t ruin anything. I’m gonna give a few of the others to fellow club members who want them.
Very nice find. Two ways to make it even better are to add a four pack of rubber feet to each unit so they are raised slightly above the pan and possible water. The kind of rubber pads they sell to replace broken off feet on old electronic equipment.
Next I am seeing the nice lip on the pans that could be used to slide them in and out of a wooden cabinet. Just two sides and a top and bottom and router out four tray slots on each side.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice find. Two ways to make it even better are to add a four pack of rubber feet to each unit so they are raised slightly above the pan and possible water. The kind of rubber pads they sell to replace broken off feet on old electronic equipment.
Next I am seeing the nice lip on the pans that could be used to slide them in and out of a wooden cabinet. Just two sides and a top and bottom and router out four tray slots on each side.
I thought about the feet thing. I had the caps and they take it to the perfect height to be above the lip. With the quarantine going on it’s been difficult to get to some places to source some odd items if you will. And while they are not flimsy I wouldn’t say they would be sturdy enough to act as an actual shelf. At least not the (handle) ends, they are not as thick as the main body. I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to make a drain on them.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that the trays are an appetizer tray. That’s the only thing I’ve come to guess that they are. I took some pictures with measurements to help anyone search. These have no markings on them whatsoever to say a brand and so this is the best I can help anyone to find a similar item.

C1CF07C6-3294-4A87-8E71-14307F3C98E7.jpeg D921CA8A-6C56-4672-BF48-7359BBA4790A.jpeg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 90 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 49.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back