Does my blue tang have a disease

elijah scot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Igor less than a week now my blue tang has got these little black fonts on its sides and since I took that picture more dots have appeared all over even on the fins. If you know what it could be please tell me how I can treat it and if my blue tang will be able to pull through

(since I took this pic more dots have appeared)

FBF45B48-DF7E-4C9C-B766-9BD08B877461.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Igor less than a week now my blue tang has got these little black fonts on its sides and since I took that picture more dots have appeared all over even on the fins. If you know what it could be please tell me how I can treat it and if my blue tang will be able to pull through

(since I took this pic more dots have appeared)

FBF45B48-DF7E-4C9C-B766-9BD08B877461.jpeg
I may see black ich but its literally impossible to see imperfections out of water , but best in water under white lighting and I do know this fish is less than cooperative when it comes to photo shoots

OP
OP
E

elijah scot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may see black ich but its literally impossible to see imperfections out of water , but best in water under white lighting and I do know this fish is less than cooperative when it comes i
If this is black inch what is the best treatment?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If this is black inch what is the best treatment?
If Black ich, its not the ich parasite but rather are turbellarian worms and likely the Paravortex version which are smaller and appear as grains of black spots
These worms have a single host life cycle producing several juveniles which can last up to 30 days but rarely do. Best is to treat with Praziquantel better known as prazi pro for two 8 day intervals with a water change on day 9.
other option is formalin based medication such as quick cure or ruby Rally Pro starting with a bath for 45 minutes followed by treatment
Do note that Prazi will lower both oxygen and appetite, so an airstone is recommended for added aeration and monitor water quality during treatment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back