Does my Copperband look healthy?

anthony1222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced my cbb about 43 days ago to my 75 gal and he eats PE mysis aggressively. He eats off the water column since the day I got him so I had virtually zero trouble keeping him. He sometimes eats little chunks of rods food but mostly only eats PE mysis. He sometimes paces up and down on the glass which has me a little concerned but when he’s not, he looks for food and pecks on the rock. I’m managing ich right now by adding vitamins and fats in his food and also feeding heavier.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks fine from what I can see, but I'm not a disease expert (I don't see any flashing or any other unusual behavior, though). If he's eating that's always a good sign even if it's just mysis).

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish is fine but very stressed. That tank is not set up for copperbands. It is way to new and clean and there are no "proper" copperband hiding places. They hide and rest a lot and need a secure and tight hiding place where he can't see you and you can't see through to the back of the tank.

They need to get out of sight most of the time they are not eating.
You can see here how they get out of sight for most of the time. They do the same thing in the sea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back