Does my rbta look healthy

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefaman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefaman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2015
Messages
138
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rbta had bubble tips when I bought him now his tentacles are shortened and fat but he eats every day I was just wondering if you guys had any opinions on the way he looks and if he is possibly getting too much light I have a current marine led light bar rated at 46 watts that goes across the whole tank and a 165w Chinese led fixture that hangs over the center of the tank about 4 1/2 inches over my 75 gallon I keep it turned down most of the time and turn the actinic to bout 60 percent what do I need to do so I can get his tentacles elongated or bubble up?
609e0aab21a2c76d16d64054984bcaa0.jpg
 
How are your water parameters?
How is the flow?
Nems like a nice gentle flow to keep them happy. I have noticed their tips change with water parameter changes too.
What type of lighting was over it when you bought it? Nems will also respond to radical lighting changes too..
But,
it does not look sick at all...
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new