Does RODI filtration remove chlorine/chloramine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
guess I will be adding two more cartridges to my already 8 filter cartridge rodi. Will add then after the sediment filter and before the membrane.. any suggestions..send them to me...
Now I know why I was burning through resins so quick, Chloramine causing it ..Thanks for the info..
1. sediment
2 carbon
3 coconut carbon
4 rodi membrane
5 cation resin
6 anion resin
7 mixed resin
8 silicate buster.

I have lower than typical chloramine at 1-1.3 mg/L yet 2 carbon stages required me to replace them annoyingly often so I added a 3rd. Then I added a booster pump and added two more carbon stages. Bulk loose carbon (Calgon Centaur) by the cubic foot is the most economical. I like to put a sediment filter or carbon block behind them to catch the charcoal fines though.
 
guess I will be adding two more cartridges to my already 8 filter cartridge rodi. Will add then after the sediment filter and before the membrane.. any suggestions..send them to me...
Now I know why I was burning through resins so quick, Chloramine causing it ..Thanks for the info..
1. sediment
2 carbon
3 coconut carbon
4 rodi membrane
5 cation resin
6 anion resin
7 mixed resin
8 silicate buster.

I’m sorry, but that conclusion about burning through di cartridges with chloramine makes no sense. Chloramine getting through an ro is largely uncharged, and even if somehow it got thorough as chloramine and then somehow broke apart into chlorine and ammonia, we are only talking about 1-3 ppm of tds to bind to the di. Most folks have more than that getting to their di, regardless of chloramine or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new