Does this hammer look ok?

monster1197

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2024
Messages
27
Reaction score
4
Location
Raliegh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This is an Aussie Icetip Hammer. Does this look ok to you guys?

unnamed.jpg
 
My other hammers just have tentacles coming directly from the skeleton. This one has some flesh between tentacles and skeleton. I have a filter coming today will get a better picture when I can filter the blue out.
 
My other hammers just have tentacles coming directly from the skeleton. This one has some flesh between tentacles and skeleton. I have a filter coming today will get a better picture when I can filter the blue out.
Well then, the picture you posted IS your healthiest specimen. The longer flesh is generally a healthier specimen.

Sounds like a water quality issue.
 
Here is a FTS. I am kind of new to all of this and trying to learn. I just never saw a hammer look like the one in question and was worried.

8dkh
Nitrate 10
Phos .03
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
Do not have calcium or magnesium tests yet

unnamed2.jpg
 
Last edited:
I believe the flow to be appropriate. Par is 150ish top of euphyllia and like 100ish in sand


 
I believe the flow to be appropriate. Par is 150ish top of euphyllia and like 100ish in sand


Could use a little more flow, the top hammers don't move at all.
Par, Eh, I like slightly more but you may be okay there.
 
Could use a little more flow, the top hammers don't move at all.
Par, Eh, I like slightly more but you may be okay there.
I can bump up the par and the flow but really I was worried about that one coral. So it looks healthy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new