Does this look good ??

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am asking this for a friend , this is a long tentacle anamone .. i would like too know if this foot looks ok or normal is that hole in the middle normal .. I’ve never seen one like this before so can’t answer ...
thanks in advance
Mack

82E2C259-DBCD-4329-AB90-277FEB424147.jpeg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am asking this for a friend , this is a long tentacle anamone .. i would like too know if this foot looks ok or normal is that hole in the middle normal .. I’ve never seen one like this before so can’t answer ...
thanks in advance
Mack

82E2C259-DBCD-4329-AB90-277FEB424147.jpeg
Don't know enough about LTA's.

#reefsquad

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on guys , I’ve been telling my friend how good reef2reef is , and how much help is on here , let’s see that wealth of knowledge..... please !!!

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don’t have a lot of experience with LTA. The several I’ve had, have never recovered from torn foot. All my experience is with carpet anemone. What I read, torn foot is death. My experience also. Yours may recover, but I never had one recover what the heck torn foot.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don’t have a lot of experience with LTA. The several I’ve had, have never recovered from torn foot. All my experience is with carpet anemone. What I read, torn foot is death. My experience also. Yours may recover, but I never had one recover what the heck torn foot.
Thanks for replying ..!!That I know ... but I want too know if this picture is in fact a torn foot or not .. not ever having seeing one of these anamones before close up I don’t know .. if you’ve had them before did their foot look like this one ??

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a couple in the past but am not an expert by any means. From what I see in the pic it does look its tore or damaged in the 4:00 position. But that's what my eyes are seeing....

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a couple in the past but am not an expert by any means. From what I see in the pic it does look its tore or damaged in the 4:00 position. But that's what my eyes are seeing....
And that hole in the middle that looks like a colon :D?

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could she have grabbed some sand and is just hanging on super tight because its upsidedown and grouchy? Maybe she'll migrate onto some glass and you'll be able to see whats going on there.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a new addition to a fairly new tank ( 3 months... yes I know .. 3 months ) it’s not my tank like I said .. been in the tank just over a week now .. but won’t settle .. won’t seem too attach either in the sand bed (8cm deep) or too rocks ... I’ve explained it takes time .. and it’s anew tank and all that .. checked flow .. lights .. but just on the off chance I asked him too check the foot .. he sent me the photo ,not ever having seen the foot of a long tentacle before ( looks a lot different from my rtba ) I’ve posted here .. and that’s the story so far ... the hole in the middle has been there since he got it he said .. so I doubt it’s just sand ..

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok been looking on the interweb .. found this pic of one with a torn foot
https://goo.gl/images/fN2ZCP

Can’t see a hole in the middle on this one but the coloration of the tear on this one and my photo are very similar ..

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok been looking on the interweb .. found this pic of one with a torn foot
https://goo.gl/images/fN2ZCP

Can’t see a hole in the middle on this one but the coloration of the tear on this one and my photo are very similar ..

The damage looks very similar. Bummer if thats the case.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has a photo of a healthy foot I’d love too see one , cause I can’t find one :D:confused:

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has a photo of a healthy foot I’d love too see one , cause I can’t find one :D:confused:

A healthy foot looks exactly like the 95% of the foot of the anemone in the OP that is not torn.

I would guess wherever it came from they were a little too aggressive removing it from where it was attached. I've not seen anybody report one healing from this type of injury. Any chance it can be returned to where it came from for a full refund? I know that sucks at this point since it's been a while, but I would definitely blame the previous owner's removal techniques. Sucks because it's a beautiful LTA, you can tell how healthy it was.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason mack, the LTA as you know does have a slight abrasion/tear but in every other way appears to be a picture of health. We know in the tank it may bloat to float and my concern would be the PH causing grave damage. If possible a cover for the PH would be great and if it were mine I would want to give the LTA a fighting chance to recover, hopefully, heal which can happen. It could attach to glass or back in the sand during or after healing.

I certainly wish the best for it and your friend.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well what can I say .. after presenting my friend with my findings , and telling him I think it’s damaged .. he said no it’s not this is normal ... ......case closed I guess !
I would like to thank everyone for their input and responses ... I truly hope for him that he is right .. it is a beautiful LTA

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back