Does this new nem look normal?

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got home and checked on the tank. Lights are out and wanted to check in my new nem. Had I’m for 3 days. He has looked good the past 2 days but when I saw him today it looked a little weird. Is that big white center part or is mouth? Or is there something wrong with it? Also idk what that black piece is on him but my clowns just ate it. Does the nem look normal?

IMG_1957.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got home and checked on the tank. Lights are out and wanted to check in my new nem. Had I’m for 3 days. He has looked good the past 2 days but when I saw him today it looked a little weird. Is that big white center part or is mouth? Or is there something wrong with it? Also idk what that black piece is on him but my clowns just ate it. Does the nem look normal?

IMG_1957.jpeg
Bump

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be pooping
Ok. That is normal right? I was just wondering if that was the mouth of the anemone or there’s something wrong with the tentacles. Never seen a mouth that big

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. That is normal right? I was just wondering if that was the mouth of the anemone or there’s something wrong with the tentacles. Never seen a mouth that big
Their mouth and butt are the same lol. They do this when pooping. If it continues to do this and starts to bleach then its a problem but I think its pooping, completely normal for them. They also will do this when expelling water and pulling new water in. The black thing the clowns ate I think was some poop, one of my weirdo clowns eats my nem’s poop too.

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their mouth and butt are the same lol. They do this when pooping. If it continues to do this and starts to bleach then its a problem but I think its pooping, completely normal for them. They also will do this when expelling water and pulling new water in. The black thing the clowns ate I think was some poop, one of my weirdo clowns eats my nem’s poop too.
Ok I will keep an eye out for the nem. When the anatomy is open, it is pretty big and I’m hoping my clowns will host it. I have 2 and am trying me best.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will keep an eye out for the nem. When the anatomy is open, it is pretty big and I’m hoping my clowns will host it. I have 2 and am trying me best.
They should naturally find it! Mine did

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back