Does this Rock make my Aquascape look fat?

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
2,195
Reaction score
3,085
Location
Brevard county
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed to move and clean my Duncan coral being so close to my hammer. In the process I have a branching piece of rock. While I was going to add on the right side of the digitata branch, It will stick out to far. I could cut the base piece of the small branch and attach so it will not protrude as far to the glass.

However, I did find a spot to where I kind of like as it creates a natural arch and still leaves a lot of negative space. I still have single finger sized branches I can add to other side but will probably just glue Duncan over more.

My question is if this adds or takes away from the aesthetics. The rock is not glued in place yet. And I don't want to block the elegance view to much.

With Duncan in place that will be moved to the right more same area.
1000006826.jpg


Before rock and Duncan getting ready for a clean.
IMG20260131121347.jpg


If added
1000006850.jpg
 
I was not able to position it exactly how I wanted. I tacked it down enough to stay but easily be moved. After an hour I was not liking the aesthetics as I had. I did add some small branching pieces. This will also allow me to add more in future if I like.
1000006853.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new