Doesing

Albert bada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon Redding friends ,

I need some help with dosing for my saltwater 65gallon tank I make my own water using Reef Crystals every month I'm trying to have everything in check but don't want an auto dosing system.
What is the best way to keep my water in check

Thanks guys.

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon Redding friends ,

I need some help with dosing for my saltwater 65gallon tank I make my own water using Reef Crystals every month I'm trying to have everything in check but don't want an auto dosing system.
What is the best way to keep my water in check

Thanks guys.

How often are you checking your calcium, alkalinity and magnesium? How much coral is in the tank? Softies, LPS, SPS? What is your daily consumption of alkalinity and calcium? Do you find that your levels drop too much for comfort between your water changes? @Bulk Reef Supply sells some cheap peristaltic dosing pumps you can hook up with a simple timer if you end up having to setup and automatic doser. If your levels are only dropping slightly over the course of time between water changes you could possibly get away with dosing every couple of days to weekly, etc.

OP
OP
Albert bada

Albert bada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekly and there's a couple of corals mostly softies no sps's and my levels never really have drastic drops but I does Alk and Cal ones a week my tank is a 65 gallon and the sump is about 15 i tree about 15ML of both

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekly and there's a couple of corals mostly softies no sps's and my levels never really have drastic drops but I does Alk and Cal ones a week my tank is a 65 gallon and the sump is about 15 i tree about 15ML of both

Sounds like you've got a pretty good system in place that works for you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back