Dollar store glue

  • Thread starter Thread starter DerekT5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DerekT5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2017
Messages
168
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if I could use dollar store glue for my reef. Thanks
 
I use the Super Glue Gel from the dollar store. It works great and is a great value too!
 
Check the label and if it contains Cyanoacrylate you're good to go. Try for the gel over the liquid, it works better IMO
 
I've successfully used it in the past. I've always found that the tubes seemed to contain a lot of air so I switched back to buying IC Gel in bulk.
 
As long as you use the gel kind you should be fine. I have used the gel super glue numerous times in my reef tank.
 
The gel is great! Tidal Gardens uses it too!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new