Don't understand

Markdickenschwanz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
23
Reaction score
49
Location
Poconos
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I did something real dumb without thinking and accidentely introduced metal into my once thriving and beautiful 40 gall9n reef tank. Through water testing I found out why my corals(softies) were slowly dying. Lesson learned and I will start over and move on.

What I don't understand is if a little bit of metal can do a tank in how is it possible that we sink ships for the sole purpose of promoting coral growth and the coral thrive on rusty metal ships ? What's the difference ?
 
The ocean is very very big and has a constant turnover. Imagine dropping a bottle of food dye in a river. The dye will be immediately diluted so you can’t see it and washed away in seconds. Now don’t try that with your tank.
 
Last edited:
Ok, I did something real dumb without thinking and accidentely introduced metal into my once thriving and beautiful 40 gall9n reef tank. Through water testing I found out why my corals(softies) were slowly dying. Lesson learned and I will start over and move on.

What I don't understand is if a little bit of metal can do a tank in how is it possible that we sink ships for the sole purpose of promoting coral growth and the coral thrive on rusty metal ships ? What's the difference ?
Youre talking about a smaller closed space versus a large body of water.
You can add cuprisorb ot ChemiPure blue which removes metals and copper as well as a series of small water changes IF content is high. May be tine for an ICP test to see what level of metals are detected
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new