DOS Dosing amino acids and other supplements

Javierati

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a DOS system and wanted to start dosing amino acids and other supplements. Any concerns over degradation of these supplements while being stored in the DOS chambers that are not air tight?

Obviously the DOS system has the convenience of being programable and not having to manually dose; but on the other hand I am concerned of the product being affected and not effective because of degradation.

Thx

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably going to depend on the product... some like Red Sea AB+ can be dosed right from the container, but it is only good unrefrigerated for 1 week.... So you would only be able to add 1 weeks worth to your dosing container and you would have to clean it out and refill it weekly. Check out some of the EasyReef's offerings too.

OP
OP
Javierati

Javierati

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably going to depend on the product... some like Red Sea AB+ can be dosed right from the container, but it is only good unrefrigerated for 1 week.... So you would only be able to add 1 weeks worth to your dosing container and you would have to clean it out and refill it weekly. Check out some of the EasyReef's offerings too.
Cool stuff. I see the EasyReef's Easy Booster Pro for example can be stored at room temperature for 18 months... that would be something convenient to use with the DOS system.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back