DOS tutorial just published

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just published a new tutorial on the Neptune DOS. It's sort of an "everything you ever wanted to know about the DOS" in one place. Take a look:

And it's the latest addition to my series of Apex tutorials:

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw it and started studying it. Well done. I haven't figured out how to create the tile for the DDR, though.

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw it and started studying it. Well done. I haven't figured out how to create the tile for the DDR, though.
The tile for the DDR will only show up if the DDR is attached to the DOS and is functional. If you look at the System View and click the DOS to reveal its outputs, does it also show two optical switches as shown in my DOS tutorial? If it does, then the DDR is recognized and you'll find the DDR tile in the Unused Tiles window when you unlock the dashboard.

If the optical switches do not show up in the System View, then it's possible the DDR is defective. I mentioned in the tutorial how the DDR's circuit board can be easily damaged by liquids, and this can cause it not to show up.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tile for the DDR will only show up if the DDR is attached to the DOS and is functional. If you look at the System View and click the DOS to reveal its outputs, does it also show two optical switches as shown in my DOS tutorial? If it does, then the DDR is recognized and you'll find the DDR tile in the Unused Tiles window when you unlock the dashboard.

If the optical switches do not show up in the System View, then it's possible the DDR is defective. I mentioned in the tutorial how the DDR's circuit board can be easily damaged by liquids, and this can cause it not to show up.
Aaah! I think i might be missing a connection. Thanks!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back